Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Around the world in 80 days



The competition is now in full swing.........we are almost up to round 4!!

I was away for the first round but here are my example layouts for rounds 2 and 3



Challenge 2 - Paris

We had to choose art from impressionist painter for our inspiration for our layout.


Mine is Monets Garden of Giverny








Technique - sewing, hand or machine, none of the fake variety!

String

Paint, mists or inks

Canvas

Hot air balloon

The girls were also required to choose a stamp and this stamp has to be used on every layout throughout the competition. Mine is the script stamp used on the background using a emboss resist technique with distress inks to colour. The butterfly is my canvas element.








Challenge 3 - Istanbul

The girls had to chose in advance a chippie shape to use in a repeatitive pattern on their layout.








Technique - embossing the stamped variety - which was a bugger seeing as I used it on my previous layout!! LOL!!

Use your choose chippie shape in a tesselated type pattern
Flourishes

5 different colours in your patterned paper and black and white if you need.

and of course your chosen stamp!

I have stamped and heat embossed my chippie diamonds and formed them into a funky kinda flower




Darn kids all I wanted was a nice pic of them, but alas not on this day!

Thanks for poping in!


Terri

1 comment:

  1. FAB layouts Terri, OMG does DD look like her Mum or what ??? xxxx

    ReplyDelete